Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Random Blurbs Blog: 15

I was walking around in the loop today to visit a friend who goes to Columbia. She lives on the corner of Van Buren and Wabash. The weather was perfect tonight and we had walked from her apartment to the House of Blues. I can't really explain it but seeing all the buildings and attractions at night blow me away. I am so lucky to get to see the Sears Tower every morning while walking to class, and learn about all the things that Chicago brings. A lot of my friends ended up at schools in the middle of a farm, like University of IL Champaign or Southern Illinois. At first, I wanted to experience the full 'college life,' that those people get in farmland schools. But I am so glad that I got to experience something different: going to a good school surrounding one of the most brilliant cities there is today. I remember walking down by the Chicago Theater and the news station on lake and state for the very first time years ago. It blew me way, the excitement and entertainment of Chicago.

In the past few years that I've lived here, Chicago has taught me many things from patience (those darn cta busses and trains!), loyality (you've got to give it up for the sports fans), and much much more. I've interacted from the richest to the poorest of them all. A lot of my high school friends ask me what the 'city life' is like, and all I can really say is that there are NO words for it.

No comments: