Saturday, October 6, 2007

Chicago Music. Blog: 12

I figure as we talk about the great city of Chicago that I mention some bands that came from around here. One band is Wilco. They have a song called "VIA Chicago" and this is just a short lyric from that song:

I know I'll make it back
One of these days and turn on your TV
To watch a man with a face like mine
Being chased down a busy street
When he gets caught, I wont get up
And I wont go to sleep
I'm coming home, I'm coming home
Via Chicago


I like how music can make me think of the great windy city. Their album cover was a painting/portrait of the honeycomb marina towers! When I get to thinking about it, a lot of artists refer to Chicago and whenever I hear them, I usually know exactly what they are talking about.




Everytime I see the honeycomb towers, I refer to them as "the Wilco tours."

Some other good music that came from the windy city!
-The Smashing Pumpkins
-Styx
-Andrew Bird
-The Smoking Popes
-Kanye West

No comments: