Friday, October 5, 2007

Jill's Blogger. Blog: 11

So I was lurking around the blog post list and decided to look at Jill's blog. We've been in a bunch of communication classes together before, and I thought " why not!" She has some funny blogs and some insightful ones as well. I cracked up when she said "Sorry I wasn't in class today... I was sick. Well, not really." Either way, I especially liked the random entries she wrote on urban cities (and sex and the city!)

One of the entries was on 9/11. She brings up an interesting point to whether or not we are safe in our own country. Cities are cracking down on immigration, but at the same time, I feel like immigrants are a large part of what makes our cities so vast and keeps economic standards up. I also agree that immigrants should follow the rules our elders have, and they should learn our language and traditions in order to work in our country.

She had also written down a list of cities she had been to. I've been to some of them and know exactly what she means! I was in New York and spent $100 dollars in one day's (and nights) worth of drinks, food, and transportation! Just don't ask me how much of it was on drinks. ;) Most of the other places she had been do, I haven't. With the exception of Louisville, which was a very quaint and calm town. I'll end this post with a list of cities i've visited.
-New York City
-Portland, Oregon
-Vancouver, BC
-Seattle, WA
-Tampa, Florida
-Hong Kong, China
-Osaka, Japan

There are so many more, but I won't bore you with a list of every town I've been in. Those are just some of my favorites!

No comments: