Friday, November 2, 2007

Nashville, TN. Blog 18

I recently took a road trip to Nashville to visit a friend. The drive down was incredible - aside from the lack of... ANYTHING in Indiana. There were Cracker Barrels every 5 minutes! So, Nashville is home of country music and it is always amazing to see the differences between Chicago and other cities. They have a main street there, Broadway street; it is the nightlife central of the place! I must admit I felt a little out of place because the population seemed to be 99% white and 1% black. I even went into a shoppe and the man (decked out in cowboy hat and boots, of course) asked me if I were from Hawaii. Out of all places, Hawaii? I wasn't offended or anything, but wanted to say "not all Asian people are from Hawaii." Guess that was a culture shock on both sides. Nashville was how I imagined it to be, and I'm sure they have pretty accurate thoughts of how Chicago might be; busy, loud, to the extreme.


This is a picture I took from Across the street of Nashville's Hard Rock Cafe.

No comments: