Monday, November 12, 2007

Lisa's Blog 24

So in our assignment sheet, our second check has to include a post on another student's writings. This time around I took a look at Lisa's blog. I love her pictures! I don't know where she finds them all, but the ones that have to do with Chicago it seems like she took the pictures from my memory and stuck them onto her blog. Especially the ones from Little Italy, Metro, and the shopping in the loop. I read her entry on the suburbs and metra and fond it strikingly familiar to myself. You see, I went to high school in Schaumburg, and actually knew Lisa back in the day! It was in fact easier to get around with a car like she said, but for the most part, I don't like the Metra too much! Every time i'm on it going back to the suburbs, I run into some weird person who is talking non-stop or tries to read my palm or borrow my magazine. I never even have that problem on the EL! Aside from that, metra is gas saving on those long trips to and from the suburbs, and easy to avoid those nasty highways that are always congested!

She also seems to have a connection with a certain city: Denver. To me, the city I feel very attached to is Vancouver. I have some relatives there, but every time I go I find something esle that I like more about it. The last time I was there, I remember going to a crepe restaurant where I laid my hands on the best nutella banana crepe ever, alongside a delicious honey lager. I still think about it once in a while. Next time I'm there, my stomach is probably going to hate me!

No comments: