Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Random Blurbs Blog: 5

I have been so many cities in the past few years and am always interested in seeing the different parts of town and who lives in what neighborhood. For instance, I was recently in Portland and New York... and I find them to be completely different from Chicago. For one, New York has a much more sufficient subway system than Chicago... yet they barely have any busses. At the same time, with the density of New York, busses would probably not run very well with the constant traffic congestion I saw. I was shocked at the short amount of time I had to wait on the platform for my train. It operated so smoothly and so many people used this to their advantage!

In Portland, I was downtown waiting to catch a bus to a music venue. To my surprise, the schedules were very accurate; the minute that a bus was supposed to be at it's stop, it was! I only wish Chicago were that way.

No comments: