Sunday, November 11, 2007

Random: Pick up your garbage! Blog 23



So I have visited New York City before, over the summer. Every part of town seemed clean if not CLEANER than Chicago. Then I stepped off the subway and smog heaven was what was called Times Square. It was DISGUSTING. I was actually on my way to MTV studios and to meet up with a friend; I don't know what it's called when gum on sidewalks turn black (tar?), but there were tons of black spots all over the concrete and it didn't help that it was 95 degrees that day I was there! So anyway, what I'm trying to get at is that all the Chicagoan's think that Chicago is so clean compared to New York... they are so wrong. Sure times square is pretty nasty, but so are parts of wicker park or michigan ave. YUCK! New York subways are also so much better! No smells, quick service... did i mention NO SMELLS? It's also frighteningly clean on said subways. Chicago transportation however, I always see newspapers and food and random garbage. I think Chicagoan's should probably pick up their garbage and stop telling people how dirty new york is. :)

No comments: